We are looking for 10 special quotations to be inscribed in granite paving stones in the south path! If you know a quote that would be a good candidate, please share it with us.
The following work is scheduled for the upcoming period:
- South promenade: the old walkway has been removed; this area is now being re-graded to prepare for the installation of the new paving stones
- Storm sewer: excavation for the storm sewer is continuing along the south west side for the park
- Washrooms/maintenance building (southeast side): foundations are being poured for these buildings
- Lighting: electrical infrastructure is being installed for light standards.
- General: the site is being regraded to enable effective water run-off, etc.
- South promenade: the old sidewalk has been removed. Work will continue, with the goal of having the promenade re-opened to the public by the beginning of June.
- Storm sewer: Large equipment will start to arrive in the park and excavation for the storm sewer will begin.
- Excavation will begin to dig out the foundations for the mechanical room, washrooms and maintenance building at the south east side of the park
- Demolition will continue on the wading pool and pathways
Phase 2 of construction is progressing well. The following work is scheduled for the week of April 10-16:
As part of the project’s tree strategy, 22 trees will be removed this week, primarily because they have come to the end of their lifespan or are diseased. The wood from these trees will be recycled. More than 80 new trees, including Oak, Horse Chestnut, Elm, Maple and Beech, will be planted later in the project. By the end of the project there will be 180 trees in Grange Park – a 50% increase to the current count.
Phase 2 of construction has begun. All areas of Grange Park are closed, with the exception of a portion of the grove on the west side, which has been kept open to provide the public with some green space during this period.
Demolition begins this week, including the removal of the field house and the wading pool. All areas north of the east-west path running from Grange Road will be fenced off on Monday March 28, with the exception of the children’s playground, which will remain open. The playground is scheduled to close on March 31. Click here for the construction phases and a list of parks, playgrounds and greenspaces in the area.
Construction activity begins this week: • The project contractor, Aldershot Landscape, will set up a site office at the north west corner of the park. • The north entrance to the park from Beverley Street will be closed to the public and will be used by Aldershot to move materials and equipment on and off […]
The contract for the Grange Park revitalization project has been awarded to Aldershot Landscape Contractors LP (www.aldershotlandscape.com). Aldershot has a stellar record and is very experienced at delivering great results on high-level civic projects. Their most recent achievements include Sugar Beach, Corktown Common and Queen’s Quay. The project went out for public bid on December […]
Great news! The design for Grange Park is ready. Click here for details and an update on the project. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments – or submit your feedback through our Contact Us page.